When you think of Nepal what do you think of? The Himalayas, Hindu Temples, and Trekking? However as a result of these tremendous mountains and glaciers there are breathtaking waterfalls leading into kholas and modis (rivers) which offer some of the best rafting in the world. The combination of mountain scenery, exhilarating rapids, warm water, and fascinating cultural opportunities make Nepal one of the premier places to go white water rafting. Zen Adventure Nepal Treks offers fun and exciting rafting trips on the best rivers in Nepal. The best time for rafting in Nepal is usually September to early December and March to June. This is when the weather is best and the water is the warmest.
Zen Adventure Nepal treks runs two different types of river trips depending on how long you want your trip to be and what river you want to raft. The first type is a day trip on the river. We provide transportation to and from the river as well as a full day of rafting. This is the perfect trip for anyone who wants to get a feel for white water rafting or doesn’t have time for an overnight trip. Generally we run most of our day trips on the Trishuli and Bhote Koshi rivers.
Our second type of trip consists of several days of rafting while camping overnight next to the river. This gives you plenty of time to swim and relax on some of the white sand beaches on the river. We have porters to set up camp and a personal cook who will prepare your meals. Camping trips require a minimum of 6 to 8 clients in a group. During high season we have many trips leaving several times a week so it isn’t hard to find a group. And like every Zen Adventure Nepal trip, we want to provide you with the vacation of a lifetime so tell us what you want. We can combine rafting, trekking and jungle adventures (or both if you wish.)
This River is the longest in all Nepal. This 8/10 day trip gives you class 3/4 rapids followed by exciting class 5 runs that are sure to get your adrenaline flowing. This is a classic camping trip which gives you a chance to paddle all the way from the far north of Nepal to the southern border. It is also one of the top 10 river journeys in the world. Every day enjoying different scenery while camping. A Safety-Kayak will act as a chase boat.
8/10 day, fast flowing, expedition type 4/5, best Sept-May. Put-in Dolaghat (Friendship Highway), terminus Chatara. Tented camping. Round trip transportation of your choice (see supplements).
Cost Does not Include
- Airport transfers (round-trip)
- 2 nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu on BB plan.
- Meals ( lunch ) during rafting.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- provide transport by bus before & after the rafting.
- Fresh fruits during rafting.
- Double occupancy rate if you have more then a day.
- Experienced Government licensed holder guide.
- Travel & Rescue arrangements.
- Take care your bags during the rafting.
- Food, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipment, transportation, local taxes for guide.
- Group medical supplies (i.e. first aid provisions).
Cost Does not Include
- Meals and drinks while in Kathmandu.
- Your personal travel insurance.
- private transport.
- all kinds of drinks on the rafting.
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Tips for trekking staff and drivers (tipping is expected but it is not mandatory).
- Personal shopping and laundry.
- Personal equipment.
The following gives you a general idea of the trekking equipment and clothing needed for this trek.