When you think of Nepal what do you think of? The Himalayas, Hindu Temples, and Trekking? However as a result of these tremendous mountains and glaciers there are breathtaking waterfalls leading into kholas and modis (rivers) which offer some of the best rafting in the world. The combination of mountain scenery, exhilarating rapids, warm water, and fascinating cultural opportunities make Nepal one of the premier places to go white water rafting. Zen Adventure Nepal Treks offers fun and exciting rafting trips on the best rivers in Nepal. The best time for rafting in Nepal is usually September to early December and March to June. This is when the weather is best and the water is the warmest.
Zen Adventure Nepal treks runs two different types of river trips depending on how long you want your trip to be and what river you want to raft. The first type is a day trip on the river. We provide transportation to and from the river as well as a full day of rafting. This is the perfect trip for anyone who wants to get a feel for white water rafting or doesn’t have time for an overnight trip. Generally we run most of our day trips on the Trishuli and Bhote Koshi rivers.
Our second type of trip consists of several days of rafting while camping overnight next to the river. This gives you plenty of time to swim and relax on some of the white sand beaches on the river. We have porters to set up camp and a personal cook who will prepare your meals. Camping trips require a minimum of 6 to 8 clients in a group. During high season we have many trips leaving several times a week so it isn’t hard to find a group. And like every Zen Adventure Nepal trip, we want to provide you with the vacation of a lifetime so tell us what you want. We can combine rafting, trekking and jungle adventures (or both if you wish.)
This trip is considered to be the most beautiful and enjoyable trip in all Nepal. There is a great mix of jungle scenery and lowland forests. It is the also Nepal’s longest one river journey in the ‘Wild West’ having some challenging rapids and beautiful landscape sceneries. The river lies far west of Kathmandu in a very rural area that has recently been opened to foreigners. It is a class 4 river that takes a week to run. There is also the option to visit Bardia National Park and explore the jungle at the end of the trip (see jungle adventures). Total journey on this river covers 7 days and the rest is 3 days traveling. Our guides are experienced rafters who have run all the rivers we offer and have the skills to provide you with a safe and enjoyable trip. A Safety-Kayak will act as chase.
10 Days, High-Adrenaline, 4/5 class expedition, best Sept.-May, Put-in Dungeshwor, Terminus Chisapani. Tented Camping. Transportation Tourist Bus or Private Transport (per your request).
Cost Does not Include
- Airport transfers (round-trip)
- 2 nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu on BB plan.
- Meals ( lunch ) during rafting.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- provide transport by bus before & after the rafting.
- Fresh fruits during rafting.
- Double occupancy rate if you have more then a day.
- Experienced Government licensed holder guide.
- Travel & Rescue arrangements.
- Take care your bags during the rafting.
- Food, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipment, transportation, local taxes for guide.
- Group medical supplies (i.e. first aid provisions).
Cost Does not Include
- Meals and drinks while in Kathmandu.
- Your personal travel insurance.
- private transport.
- all kinds of drinks on the rafting.
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Tips for trekking staff and drivers (tipping is expected but it is not mandatory).
- Personal shopping and laundry.
- Personal equipment.
The following gives you a general idea of the trekking equipment and clothing needed for this trek.